Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Old Poems

Here are some really old poems from like 8th grade and my freshman year. Enjoy! :)

A Change in My Life
date unknown

Things are going to be different.
Things are going to change.
I'm going to live my life for God
And today is the day.

Teach me to be more like you.
Teach me to grow up right.
I want to be different
And I want to be the change.

I just want you God,
And only you .
To help me live my life,
As I should.

 Another Slap Another Bruise
Date Unknown

Slap across the face.
And you've done nothing wrong.
Another black eye
To start the week with.
 You go on like nothing happened
You don't tell a soul.
Your report card comes in.
When he sees it he yells.
He pushes you around
Slams you against the wall.
You cry "I'm sorry!!" 
But it doesn't matter.
He hits you once more,
And you fall to the floor.
The next day you're in the hospital.
Friends come to see you.
You don't tell what really happened.
But what you didn't know,
Is that the girl next door saw it all.
And she prays for you at night,
For you to be okay.


The Blade
Date Unknown 

They are one.
The blade and him.
When he puts it to his wrist.
He pushes down,
It cuts deep.
But not as deep
As his other pain.
The pain of rejection.
The pain of depression.
His body starts to tingle.
And he gets a rush.
He starts to cry.
But not from the pain of the blade,
From the pain of his sorrows.
He stops the bleeding.
Puts the blade away.
He knows this  is wrong.
Yet he does it again.
And the cycle continues.
Until he finds a gun,
Puts it to his head
So they are one. 

Braking Through Coming Out
date unknown 

Braking through my chains of distress.  
Through my sorrow and hopelessness.
I'm breaking through and becoming free.  
Free from sadness and free from pain.
Free from everything within.
 I am breaking through, I am coming out.
And I'm coming for you
For you are the reason for all my misery.
F or this broken heart of mine,
That's slowly mending,taking it's time.  
These chains are no longer for me.
Neither are these weights or these bags on my shoulders.
  

 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment